Fall Background

Thursday, May 21, 2009

O Lord, you have searched me and know me!

You  dance  over  me  while  I  am  unaware
You sing all around but I never hear the sound.

Lord, I'm amazed by You!
Lord, I'm amazed by You!
Lord, I'm amazed by You, how You love me

How wide, How deep, How great is Your love for me!
Lord, I'm amazed by You!
Lord, I'm amazed by You!
Lord, I'm amazed by You, how You love me!
Amazed~J. Anderson

I'm continually amazed at how well my God knows me....
every intimate detail, need and desire....

Psalms 139:1-6
O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

There is not a place I could go that He could not see or reach me. Praise God He's never more than a prayer (or a desperate sigh) away! I was reminded of this a couple of nights ago as I was struggling with some heavy things on my mind and heart. God knew I needed uplifting. A wise and uplifting sister contacted me that night with just the encouragement the Lord knew I needed:
Ps 37:3-7

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil devices!

My time with the Lord the next day also provided an uplifting passage:

Psalms138:7-8
7
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.


My God has so clearly and wonderfully spoken to me through His word that I am to be at peace and rest in the confidence that my Heavenly Father is taking care of every detail. I am to actively trust and obey but, praise Him!, plans and details are not my responsibility!!

No comments: