Fall Background

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Favorites!

This post is more just fun than anything else :) Here is a random list of some of my favorite Clemson/Upstate things! Hope it brings a few smiles and good memories to fellow Tigers! (and intrigues anyone who's never been to go visit one of the best places in the world! In my unbiased, humble opinion of course ;) )


Crosspoint Church
I still remember work days on the B.O.M.B (big old methodist building). Spending a few CP group nights and a couple saturdays paiting, cleaning and getting to know my church family are now some of my favorite memories.


Discipleship
Getting poured into by and sharing life with some wonderful older sisters in Christ is one of the greatest blessings of being involved in a loving church family. Also, getting to practice the model they've exemplified with other sisters!


Fellowship
CP group, small Group, college ministry activities, and quality time with sweet friends and mentors were some of my favorite parts of my senior year


Clemson's campus
Walks on campus will always be one of my favorite stress relievers. I spent countless hours enjoying the calming atmosphere of campus in early evenings or quiet weekend mornings. So peaceful! (unless of course it was gameday....in which case.... 1-2-3-4-C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S GO TIGERS!)


FCA in the amphitheater
I loved my time at FCA but my favorite meetings will always be those held in the amphitheater in the first few weeks of fall semesters. To me, there was nothing like standing barefoot in the grass during praise and worship with hundreds of brothers and sisters under the night sky. A favorite song that sticks out is Hosanna by Hillsong:

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

[Chorus]
Hosanna Hosanna Hosanna in the highest [x2]

I see a generation Rising up to take their place With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival Stirring as we pray and seek We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from earth into Eternity


God is definitely moving through the students of Clemson! I always found it so encouraging that so many college students were giving of their time and their talents to serve the Lord in campus ministries and as daily examples. I especially loved watching the men practice true leadership. Some of my favorite memories are of watching some of my male friends in worship. Watching them surrender to the Lord, giving their lives to His service is so encouraging! I'm so thankful that God is raising up a generation devoted to His glory and the Gospel!


Blue Ridge Mountains!
This was taken from Pretty Place at Camp Greenville (literally IN the mountains) but there are views of them all over the upstate! Driving to school from breaks, I knew I was home when I could see the hills!

Lake Hartwell
I had the blessing of spending a summer in Clemson (a must for any Tiger!) Summer days on the lake were the perfect mini-vacation! I have many great memories of activities and fellowships on or overlooking the lake including getting baptized at Y Beach in August 2007 :)


Orange and Purple Sunsets especially over the lake!


Tiger Football
Football at Clemson is definitely an experience rather than an event! I think my favorite is still night games but I have a lot of great memories throughout each season. Tailgating with friends, the First Friday parade before the first home game, Rally in the Valley (Clemson FCA partnered with the adult FCA chapter and hosted a high school FCA rally in LittleJohn once/season. I really enjoyed meeting the adult members and volunteering for the event!), Tigerama and floats on Bowman during Homecoming week and Big Thursday before the USC rivalry game.


Tiger Paws!!
Pretty much a staple of Clemson life!



Smoothies from Brickhouse Coffee in Simpsonville/Greenville
my favorite road trip treat!

PF Changs China Bistro
I had the timing down just right to call in a take out order and pick it up in Greenville on my way to campus I love the Philips Better Lemon Chicken, lettuce wraps and cheesecake dessert!


Theres so much more I could include from Welcome Back each fall to graduation....I'll always treasure my time at Clemson. There was a lot of laughter and great experiences with wonderful friends. Remembering these always reminds me of how blessed I am to have been given these gifts by God. He knew exactly where I needed to be!

No comments: