Fall Background

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Travels Pt 2- Columbia and Greenville

The second trip was to home sweet Tiger Town!! I went on a non-game weekend to get more time with friends. As always, it was quick but so refreshing! On the way up, I stopped in Columbia and Greenville to visit with friends. Maddie is a sweet sister so incredibly wise beyond her years! It's such a blessing to consider her a dear friend. We started out our visit going for a walk near the lake (yes, Columbia does have some beautiful scenery! I was pleasantly surprised haha) I did get a couple of pictures before the rains started:



Even though our plans got rained out, we still had a great time catching up!

The next stop on my way to the upstate was in Greenville with Stephanie, one of my SummerLink roommates. Steph to me represents one of those friendships you have no question was ordained by God. In various ways, I know all of the friendships God's blessed me with have been. Stephanie and I just share so many similar struggles, questions and wonder of our futures. Even though we really only spent a couple of months together, we pick right up where we left off anytime we're together. I am continually amazed at the speed and strength of her spiritual growth. I know God has great plans for her! I'm greatly looking forward to the continuing growth of our friendship and witnessing the development of these plans. Her friendship is a sweet gift in my life.
Stephanie and I met in Downtown Greenville for dinner and some time walking around main street and the park. One of the things I love most about some of my closest friends is that we can pick up right where we left off if we're separated for any length of time and that we all enjoy just being together. It can be something as simple as going for a long walk to chat. And what better place that beautiful Greenville to soak up some refreshing fall air and conversation over some hot chocolate!
Here are a couple of pictures I took of Falls Park on our walk:



Downtown Greenville is such a unique and fun atmosphere! The park is beautiful and calming, there are several wonderful places to eat and the shops are a lot of fun! One of my favorite shops is Go Fish.




Many of their items are handmade "by indigenous artisans in developing third world countries" such as Uganda, Liberia, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Peru and Mexico. There are so many unique things from jewelry to figurines, clothes, cards and journals with handmade paper. I love the candles! I was actually able to take my mom to visit one of their stores in Norfolk while I was there. I was excited to share this with her. I think, though, my favorite store is still Greenville! Its absolutely worth the trip if you're anywhere nearby!

No comments: