Fall Background

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Orientation

SummerLINK 2008 Bluffton, SC
Crosspoint Bluffton Church plant
"A summer that echoes into eternity"

Ephesians 3:20-21
Praise God He's able to do way more than we can imagine! My God is bigger, stronger, and more able to handle anything than my human mind thinks of.
Isaiah 49:1-8, 26
The Lord our God has called us to be servants Our labor is not in vain when it is performed to His glory.

These are very VERY brief "nuggets" of so many great lessons from the Word we were presented with today. Orientation has been intensive but so fulfilling. Carl Martin, the Sr Pastor shared the vision of Crosspoint Bluffton and our time here as we serve alongside them. We also heard from the staff of SummerLINK on some important principles to live by this summer and to carry with us after. Maybe the most exciting though has been getting to know the team through fellowship. I can already see us beginning to grow together as roommates, service groups, and a mission project group. Thank you for praying for us! Its been such a relief and a blessing to feel the weight of the nervousness of an unfamiliar situation be lifted. I've been so surprised but thankful at how quickly we all seem to be settling in and relaxing a bit after some of us had been so nervous when we arrived. Please continue to pray for fears of being out of our comfort zones to be lifted but that we would never become complacent!
Tomorrow is church on the beach! We'll be baptizing one of the first Crosspoint Bluffton members as well as sharing in worship, study and fellowship. I'm excited about the rest of the weekend and the coming of a routine in the next few days. Please pray for the provision of jobs for all of us! About half of us have been provided for and we're trusting God that the other half will know by early next week.
Thank you for your prayers and attention to this project. It means so much to know we're supported in prayer and encouragement!
I wanted to share something that came to mind this morning during my time with the Lord. The gravity of what we are embarking on has truly begun to set in. This can and should be a summer that echoes into eternity. What we do here- making disciples and seeking to reach the nations through our interactions with those we meet- has an impact on spiritual lives for eternity.

What I thought of were these Point of Grace lyrics:
When I said that I would follow
It was with an honest heart
But I didn't fully understand the cost
'Cause there are saints throughout the ages
And there are those today
Who show us what it really means to carry the cross
That only fuels my devotion
No matter what comes I will say

Yes, I believe
I believe with all that is in me
Yes, I believe
Though the world rises up against me
I will be faithful
To the choice I have made
I am determined
I will not be ashamed
To live so the whole world can see
That yes, I believe

There will never be a reason
To lose this confidence
For I have found where my assurance lies
It is not in my own power
But in who my savior is
And the truth of this conviction
Makes me shout to the sky

Yes, I believe he is risen
Yes, I believe we are forgiven
Yes, I believe and one day we'll see him
And together we'll say

"Yes I believe"

I'm beginning a journey into finding out so much more about who my God is and what He's called me to. I'm also beginning to really understand the purpose of leaving my comfort zone. God has to shake me of my conceptions of what it means to truly follow.
This summer is no doubt going to be full of highs and lows but in the end its so much more about my walk with Him and following no matter the cost.

No comments: