Fall Background

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Travels Pt 1-Virginia

It's been such a blessing to travel as much as I have over the last couple of years. I'm really beginning to enjoy these get-a-ways! Most recently, I had the opportunity to visit with family and friends before starting my new job in late Oct/early Nov.
First, I visited my parents in their new house in Virginia! I'm so happy for them as they really seem to be settled where they've desired to be for years! They're minutes from my grandparents and love the area. I stayed about a week and a half so I was grateful to be soaking up so much family time! My aunt and cousin visited while I was there. We all enjoyed accompanying my grandparents to the annual Coast Guard Fish Fry. My grandfather retired as a Captain in the CG. Our family has been attending picnics since I was young.

My youngest cousin, Tyler, and I with our grandparents


Even the ten or so days I was there flew by as they were filled with visiting "old haunts" from the first time we lived there, unpacking and beginning to add all the touches that make it home. I didn't get pictures of the house this trip but I'll be returning for Thanksgiving; one of the first holidays "all together" we'll have had in years! My parents' and grandparents' houses combined will offer more space to bring everyone together mostly from across the state. And of course, me, the "ex-patriot".

No comments: