Fall Background

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Travels Pt 3- Clemson

I'm so very blessed to have such amazing people in my life! This trip was full of great "girl time" with so many sweet sisters. I also got to play Ultimate Frisbee for the first time!
The drives home are bittersweet but full of thankfulness to the Lord for His goodness and blessings. I'm so thankful for wonderful college friends that are turning into lifelong friends! It's a great joy to be close enough for these reconnecting trips!

While in Clemson, I had the opportunity to visit Crosspoint Church's new building!



They officially moved in September. I was so excited to get to see it and visit with sweet friends there! God's been blessing this church body so greatly in the last few years. The facility provides for the many needs of the church so well! The sanctuary and meeting spaces fit the church body well and there is plenty of room to expand when its needed as they own the rest of the property. Currently, there are other tenants in the strip who will rent from the church until their leases run out and they can use the space for expansion!
I am always so blessed by the solid theology and powerful worship at Crosspoint. The message that morning was the first in a series on Jonah (definitely worth listening to here!) and the Mission of God. The first message was "Pursued by God: a look at God's Goodness and Probing our Hearts". As I've been seeking the Lord on future plans, hearing of how God called and used Jonah was very thought-provoking. God had a specific call on Jonah's life. (Jonah 1:1-3). He has also promised that He has a plan and purpose for my life (Is 43:1-10, Jer 29:11). Some points that stuck out to me were that God IS speaking. Anything I "receive" that doesn't match God's word is NOT from Him! It's so important to seek the Lord's face and discern through the filter of His word. He has given His children a message to proclaim with a sense of immediacy: God is Holy. All wickedness and evil are against Him and will not stand! (2:12-13). Even though something may seem easy or "fall into place" it may not be according to God's plan. Everything "fell into place" as Jonah fled but God brought him back to Himself to fulfill His good purposes.
2 Tim 4:3-5 Discharge all the duties of the ministry God has given you. This involves speaking the Truth of God especially when it is unpopular. As a child of God, I've been given a responsibility to obediently carry His message. Anything other than full surrender to the will of God is a wasted life. I pray I'd be found obedient to God's word and His will.

The praise band did a song I hadn't heard: Glory to God by Steve Fee. The lyrics have stuck with me so I wanted to share them:

Before the world was made, before you spoke it to be
You were the King of Kings, yeah you were, yeah you were
And now you’re reigning still, Enthroned above all things
Angels and saints cry out, We join them as we sing


Chorus:
Glory to God, Glory to God
Glory to God, Forever (2x’s)


Verse 2:
Creator God you gave me breath so I could praise
Your great and matchless name, all my days, all my days
So let my whole life be a blazing offering
A life that shouts and sings the greatness of the King


Bridge:
Take my life and let it be
All for you and for your glory
Take my life and let it be yours (x2) We sing… (back to chorus)

No comments: