Fall Background

Monday, September 7, 2009

Update

Considering there are actually some exciting things to tell, I suppose its time for a real update!
The long-discussed (but delayed...) move has finally occurred! For those who have heard me talk about it for a good couple of years now: yes! really!! haha
My parents moved back to our home state a week ago and I've officially moved in with a couple of great girls and a third furry roommate; a very sweet dog, Mia, who waits to greet me outside my room each morning. It's definitely been an adjustment. New roommates, new church, new city. Even though I still work in the same office and really just moved about 40 min away, it's not an area I frequented other than small group meetings so I have had to change all of my routines. It's actually been surprisingly fun to learn my way around.
One of the greatest blessings was taking a day trip the weekend my family moved away. I still strongly believe it was exactly what I needed emotionally and spiritually that day. I was able to visit with two wonderful sisters and dear friends from college, Maddie and Meredith. Both are in grad school and by God's providence! had some downtime that weekend. On both visits, we mainly sat and talked for hours. I SO love and look forward to sweet times of fellowship (and just being girlie! It quite often involves food and laughter! :) ) God has used these young women SO often to speak truth into my life and to be sources of encouragement!
A fun example of one of these "girlie fellowship moments" occurred on my visit to Meredith's: she brought me back a traditional Indian outfit from her trip earlier in the summer. She put on one of hers so I could try on mine and we enjoyed a cup of chai tea :)



As we were enjoying the fellowship so much, I don't have other pictures from the trip but I anticipate more trips this semester so I'll try to have a few more to put up :)
Overall, the adjustment to this new season of my life has been easier than I expected. I attribute this entirely to God's grace. He has been so faithful to provide in a multitude of ways including a sustaining peace He began washing over me weeks ago about remaining here while my family moved away. Looking back even a year or two ago, I can see how much God's grown me as I know I would not have been as at peace. His timing and providence are so good. Although, I have seen confirmations, I don't think I can yet fully explain what His purpose is for me here. I'm looking forward to Him revealing more of this to me. One of my sisters shared a sweet truth with me last weekend: God's plan is playing out in my life now. It does also exist in the future but it is not solely there to be awaited. He has a purpose for me in this season, in this place, at this time.... To God be the glory in how I steward the gifts and responsibilities He has entrusted!

No comments: