Fall Background

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The heavens declare the GLORY of God; the skies proclaim the work of HIS hands

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
Nehemiah 9:6 (NIV)

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
Psalms 8:3-4

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalms 19:1 (NIV)

I love nature! It's God's fingerprints; His daily reminders that He stays in complete control of His creation. It's a great comfort to know the Creator of the Universe, MY GOD is ever present in my DAILY life!!!

Earlier this week, God provided a sweet blessing on the way home from work: a rainbow over the bridge! It was still lightly raining and the sky was still a slate blue so the colors of the rainbow were a bright and beautiful contrast. I've heard friends speaking of getting to see it from various parts of town. As I was driving, I didn't get a picture of it but thankfully, one has appeared from a local news station!



THIS is another amazing example of God's handiwork! It's an older picture of the "X Structure" at the CORE of the Whirlpool Galaxy sent back from the Hubble Telescope. It really puts things into perspective ...


I've had the blessing to take in parts of God's creation that have taken my breath away. God has truly left evidences of Himself all over His creation! I'm definitely an avid fan of nature! I know I have a tendency to post a lot of song lyrics but this one speaks of the beauty of nature and it's purpose of shouting God's glory. It's one of my favorite songs from Clemson FCA's :)


Filled With Your Glory- Starfield

In my heart, in my heart, there's a fire burning
A passion deep within my soul
Not slowing down, not growing cold
An unquenchable flame that keeps burning brighter
A love that's blazing like the sun
For who You are and what You've done
And as the fire is raging on
So Your praise becomes my song

The whole earth Is filled with Your glory, Lord
Angels and men adore
Creation longs for what's in store

(Mountains bow and oceans roar)

May You be
Honored and glorified
Exalted and lifted high
Here at Your feet I lay my life

From the ends of the earth
To the heights of Heaven
Your glory, Lord, is far and wide
Through history
You reign on high
From the depths of the sea
To the mountain's summit
Your power, Lord, it knows no bounds
A higher love cannot be found
So let the universe proclaim
Your great power and Your great name


No comments: