Fall Background

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Restore Conference

This past weekend was the Restore Conference in Clemson. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have attended this conference! It really was a blessing to be under such wonderful teaching and immersed in the fellowship of wonderful brothers and sisters. It was such a sweet time of seeking God's heart on dating, marriage, sex and discipleship. Theres so much I could discuss from the weekend! I'm sure God will be using what I've heard through the next several seasons of my life! I would highly encourage anyone to download the 4 general sessions and as many of the 15 breakouts as are fitting to your season of life. They will be available on the Restore Conference website by the end of this week!! I'm looking forward to listening to sessions I did not get to attend as well as listening to those I did again!
One of the most insightful and convicting things I heard during the conference was during a breakout session with Justin Perry: "Just because you're learning new things doesn't mean you're growing in Christlikeness" That resounded so much with me! I have a tendency to be a bit of a "resource junkie". I love listening to sermons, reading blogs and good books; soaking up wisdom and insight. I'm also very much enjoying a new reading plan that will take me through the Bible in a year (my first time doing so!) There's nothing wrong with these. In fact, we're called to grow in knowledge and truth. The sign of a committed believer is a craving for God's word. The problem arises when we neglect the most important stage: application. Knowledge without application is wasted and poor stewardship. This challenge convicted me to more dilligently seek the Lord on how He wants me to apply what I'm learning rather than just absorbing information.
I'm so thankful God used this time to speak to my heart! The fellowship with Him was so sweet especially on the drive home as I began processing what He's been teaching me. I sincerely pray that these things will be a catalyst for growth and greater intimacy with Him.

No comments: