Fall Background

Friday, February 27, 2009

ADVANCE Capital Campain

In many ways, I feel as though I spiritually grew up in Clemson. God's been so faithful in guarding my college years to be a time of great growth with Him. One of the ways He provided was a very loving, encouraging, and challenging church body: Crosspoint Church. Since planting in 2005, God has done some amazing things with Crosspoint. Many of the brothers and sisters and experiences God used to draw me closer to Himself especially over the last couple of years have been through this wonderful church body. With many dedicated, gospel-centered churches and ministry organizations in the area, Clemson is a training and sending ground to advance the Gospel to the nations. Even though I'm no longer a student, I still feel led to pray for this church and God's work on the campus having seen His prescence so clearly at work!
I wanted to share a prayer request for my church family: the lease for the facility they are currently using ends in August. The church has begun the Advance Capital Campain with anticipation of God providing the next location. He has been so faithful in the last three years (this will be the 4th location for the church -each one larger and better fitting to the needs of the church than the last! I know I've repeated the word "faithful" but its really the best fitting description of what I've seen of Him through the church!)) We are anticipating seeing Him do great things as He has never failed to take care of the body more lovingly and fully than we could have imagined. I wanted to share this 1) as an uplifting example of God's consistent faithfulness and provision 2) to ask for prayer for my church family.
The campaign includes 21 days of prayer (Feb 22-March 15). For those of you who have never been to Crosspoint, I understand that you won't feel as connected to the campaign. I'd ask you, though, to please lift up your brothers and sisters in prayer during this time of needing to put full faith in God's perfect timing. If you're a former Crosspoint member, you probably remember one or more of the previous moves and God's work through the church. Please pray for continued growth and for outreach to the campus and community. Crosspoint members, you know all the details so please also know that even those who can't be with you in person are praying for you!
I Cor 9:23

No comments: