Fall Background

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bittersweet

Just wanted to let everyone know I made it back safely last night. (I promise there are still several SummerLINK blogs on the way Getting them written and posted is a goal for the next few days as I settle in!) Admittedly, departure from SummerLINK was incredibly bittersweet. In some ways, more bitter than sweet. As nervous as I was at the beginning of the summer I never would have imagined it would be so hard to leave at the end. I have enjoyed seeing my family but I feel that I've also been separated from family. My SummerLINK and Crosspoint family are such blessings. I couldn't have imagined at the beginning of the summer how much I'd grow not only in my faith but in love for my brothers and sisters. We have laughed, cried, rejoiced, prayed, encouraged and challenged together. We truly lived life together and I pray the bonds created would only grow stronger. I'll be praying for the group that will return to the field after an intense summer of equipping and training *please be praying for them as well as they seek to take what we've learned back to be guiding lights and catalysts on the campus and in the community* I'm still processing exactly what this summer has meant. I think I've come to the partial conclusion that I most likely will not know the full extent of this impact possibly even for years to come.
Right now, I'm settling in to my parents house where I'll be staying while I raise support to be a GenerationLINK intern. I have been so encouraged during our de-orientation and banquet share time, getting a small glimpse of what God has planned for the group He hand-picked to make an impact on our church, campus and community. I'm so excited, humbled and blessed to be a part of it. I'm ready to get back and dive in but I know God has a purpose for the next few months while I raise support. I know He'll teach and stretch me even more. Whatever He has planned is whats best for me and what will bring Him the most glory. I'm slowly learning not to be afraid of what God may take away or require of me as it always leads to something better and more wonderful than what I could have chosen for myself. Please be praying for me in this time as I know I will be stretched and possibly get discouraged. I'm praying that I will keep this desire to forge ahead on the path God has laid before me. This summer has increased my passion for discipleship and serving in the church. The desires and abilities God gives are such blessings as I'll get to see Him use them for His kingdom and continue to be enthralled with my "front row seat" of his work and glory.

No comments: