Fall Background

Monday, July 28, 2008

On The Brink

It’s hard to believe we only have nine days left on project! The summer has truly flown. God has been so good in all that He’s teaching and allowing me to see of His work here. I’m looking forward to posting a more detailed update in the next day or so but I wanted to post a few thoughts from the last few days.
I’m starting to get really homesick for Clemson. It’s hard to hear so many SummerLINKERs talk about going back knowing I’m not going with them. I don’t have a class schedule, no books to buy, none of the usual tasks and errands I would be busying myself with at this time of the year. I’ll admit I’ve been looking at some old pictures and such mentally reviewing some great memories wishing I could go back and relive them all again. This is where the need for trust and dependence on a holy, sovereign God is so evident. There’s a reason that that season of my life is done. There’s a reason I graduated a year or more before so many of the people I’ve grown so close to this summer. Despite my discomfort and fighting desires to cling to what I had until a couple months ago, God has a plan that will ultimately bring Him glory. That’s what I need to be striving for. Above feeling the loss of places, people and experiences that filled my life with such happiness and contentment over the last few years, I need to be striving for Gods glory, His renown.
Although I do miss the sunsets over Lake Hartwell, the peacefulness of walk on campus on a quiet morning or evening, and fellowship with brothers and sisters that I’ve grown to love so much, this next stage of my life is exciting. God’s opening doors and allowing me to see what He’s graciously given me a part in. Even though (as my roommate pointed out just today) I’m a sinner who constantly disappoints a loving, blameless father, He still allows me to be part of His plan. Over lunch today, one of the girls and I were discussing how we’ve seen God move and work in Clemson. Clemson presents an amazing opportunity to spread the gospel through the international community.
God’s moving in Clemson. He’s using the university and its surrounding churches as a sending ground. So many of the amazing spiritual leaders on campus and in the community were trained there and are either now training others or are going out into the nations.
It feels we’re on the brink of something large
Maybe like the breaking of a dawn
Or maybe like a match being lit
Or the sinking of a ship
Letting go gives a better grip
I'm finding everything I'll ever need
By giving up gaining everything
(Forever and Ever- D. Crowder)

My God is mighty! Praise Him He’s in control! As one SummerLINKer mentioned in her testimony recently, no one ever got to Christ by staying in the boat. It may get a little uncomfortable for awhile but I’d rather be uncomfortable in my temporary human skin than out of place in His kingdom.
I cant wait to see what Gods got in store. I pray that I’m obedient and willing to take the leaps of faith He requires to get to be involved in all He has planned for me. Thank you father for planning out and controlling my life! There are no greater or gentler hands than your nail pierced ones.

No comments: