Fall Background

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quilt Update

I haven't forgotten or given up!
I found a brown cotton flannel flat sheet from LL Bean. Ended up needing a queen size and there's only a couple of inches of extra material on all sides. Apparently I'm creating a little more than a throw blanket ;) It takes over the living room floor as it is now haha. Before the edging, the quilt squares put together are about 85"x85"! I have all 7 rows sown. (7 strips of 7 squares each) This includes a middle square I spent some time deciding on.
I'm working on getting the rows sown together to form the whole front panel. Still excited to see it put together! I was having a little trouble with the machine when I started sowing the rows so I'll get some help from more experienced seamstresses and get back to it!

cost update:
tshirt for middle square (on sale!) $12
flat sheet $29
For a total of $41
Costs are slowing down. I'll just need the batting for the middle and to choose a fabric for the edging.

Getting so close!

No comments: