Fall Background

Saturday, February 18, 2012

birthday blessings

Celebrations for my birthday landed over the long weekend. I had a truly wonderful time with several sweet friends.
A college friend went with me to brunch after sleeping in. I really love a good breakfast sandwich and fruit but so rarely have the time. Yummy treat to start the day!
I made a couple appointments for hair and such with a local salon. It was fun to do something special to get ready for a birthday girls night out.
I had just enough time to get ready at a relaxed pace before Kristin arrived to pick me up for painting and dinner.
We met the group at a social art studio for our group painting class. By far one of my favorite birthday parties!

This is our artist, Kate, with her original "Battery Sunset" painting. I found it on the January calendar and requested that it be the painting of the night. The studio was so kind in honoring the request. I was so excited to get to pick the painting for the party!

Over the course of the two our session, the artist started with a white canvass and walked the class through the painting, step by step! We all commented how impressed we were with the other instructors roaming the room giving tips and advice. They answered specific questions as well as making observations to not only help you finish the painting but develop sharper skills as an artist. I learned technique for blending colors to transition (as we did with the sky and water) and had to laugh when one of the instructors had to repeatedly remind me not to be timid with the paint. They made it so much fun while we also walked away having learned.







After the painting class, we headed off to one of my favorite restaurants. They had taken my favorite entree off of the menu but the waiter told me that the head chef was in that night and could make it for me! (extra spoiled much?!?!)
I felt so blessed and spoiled in so many ways that night! The company was wonderful! The ladies with me were from various aspects of my life: church, work --all friends that God's somewhat surprised me with. All at the perfect time and more of a blessing than I'll be able to explain to them. I connect with each in different ways and learn so much from them. It was a sweet blessing to watch them meet, interact, and enjoy each other - seeing just an evening's snapshot of the qualities I've come to love about each of them.
I told them at dinner that it may sound "cheeseball" but that one of my favorite gifts was realizing how blessed I am to share not only the evening but friendships with so many strong, capable, intelligent, beautiful and genuinely caring women. From the depths of faith to career direction to the fun of food and fashion, I love our conversations.
A few friends who couldn't make it that night joined me another day for lunch. I spent the weekend surrounded by so many friends. I was reminded of how blessed and loved I am.
Thank you everyone for a wonderful birthday!

No comments: