Fall Background

Monday, November 14, 2011

More Than a Fairy Tale

I enjoy reading blogs. I have a list that I subscribe to but I also look at friends' subscription lists. I read one tonight that repeated some truth I've needed to be reminded of lately.

Here's an excerpt:

The Lord will do what He wants for your life that will bring HIM THE MOST GLORY. It’s not about how long or short the wait is, how much you are hurting, how obedient you are (although that’s SUPER important), etc...It’s about HIS PLAN AND HIS GLORY. [...] If I had the choice, would I change [the time I was in a trial?] My honest answer is NO! I wouldn’t. I didn’t think at the time I needed changing at all. In fact, I would have been plain mad if someone told me that. Looking back, I see just HOW MUCH the Lord needed to do in me...

[...] Don’t keep saying, “I’ll be happy when....” Because when that thing comes, there will be something else....Trust in the Lord’s plan for your life, pray for JOY everyday AND DON’T LET SATAN STEAL THAT JOY...

Jeremiah 31:3
I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness


I so often struggle with this! I cry to God when I feel I'm missing something...most often what I'm missing is looking for God's hand in circumstances I don't prefer. I get so occupied when things stray from my "ideal". I forget that God's plans are perfect. When He asks me to do something difficult, He intends His Glory and my good to result. So why do I complain and cringe when He presents a trial? Why am I dreaming up a fairy tale when my Heavenly Father has named me heir to a real throne? Thankfully, His plans even make good of my reluctance to accept what will make me stronger in Him.

No comments: