Fall Background

Friday, March 20, 2009

I will lift my eyes up....

As I'm adjusting to this new season of life, I've been reflecting on the last. I've spoken to a few other new Tiger Alumni. I think we're all finding it somewhat difficult to put our college experience into words. What we all seem to agree on, however, is that there truly is no place like Tigertown especially when it comes to fellowship. I spoke to a alum a bit further removed from graduation. He and his wife have said that they couldn't express back then what made Clemson so special- what about this small college town that impacted them so meaningfully. It hasn't been until years later they've realized it was God's presence. God, of course, is not just in Clemson but His prescence seems easier to identify when you're immersed in a community of believers all in the same season of life. For me, it was living away from home for the first time, making my own decisions about whether or not to continue growing in my faith; finding other believers who were also striving to live for Christ amongst the abundant temptations of college life. There's no doubt to me that it was the community that made Clemson so different from anywhere else I'd ever known. There is nothing like living within minutes of (and thus spending the majority of time with) those with whom you worship, serve, work, study, and fellowship. This became real especially after SummerLINK when I returned home and realized it was the community that I missed so much.
I thank the Lord for the opportunities He has provided. It's still difficult to know that those seasons have ended as they were so greatly growing and encouraging to me. I'm finding though, that God is ever faithful to provide. Even in this new season as I somewhat mourn the loss of great blessings, I've seen God provide new opportunities for fellowship. I pray wherever He sends me, I'll find believers who are also eager to build authentic community. Clemson was a very unique season in my life; one I'll always treasure as a gift from Him. A friend recently told me to look forward to what God will do by asking Him what good works or acts of service He has for me in each new day. Each day is, afterall, a precious gift from my maker as I'm not promised tomorrow. My prayer is to be a good steward of His gifts, glorifying Him with each one.

No comments: