Fall Background

Sunday, November 23, 2008

SummerLINK Reunion Weekend/Homecoming

Last weekend was homecoming at Clemson and the much-anticipated SummerLINK reunion weekend!!! Admittedly, I wasn't as good as I should have been with the camera this trip! Thankfully, Liz and Brandy were a bit better about documenting our time together. Activities began on Friday evening with dinner at Jeremy and Liz's house. The CP group I attended during my senior year was held in their home so its quite familiar and enjoyable to be back particularly surrounded by such cherished brothers and sisters. Jeremy and Liz were the SummerLINK Director and Assistant Director for the first half of the summer before the staff left the program to the students. It was wonderful to also have the Gainors with us. Gray is the Connections Pastor at Crosspoint Bluffton. He and Brandy practically adopted all of the students especially helping providing oversight to the program after the staff left. Our student leadership were awesome in keeping things running so smoothly! They really did handle everything very well. It was great though to still have Gray and Brandy there to give guidance. They were such a blessing in their obvious eagerness to make us feel welcome in the church and with their family. Gray's interns were given the added blessing of spending a bit more time with Gray, Brandy and their children. I've learned so much from them about public ministry and the ministry of a Godly home. All the Linkers greatly enjoyed our time getting to know them more and being reunited with them over the weekend.
Saturday was Homecoming so we gathered for a tailgate with BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry) and the game against Duke. I ended up taking all my pictures at the tailgate and game. It was a good thing though as I was distracted visiting with everyone :)


Myself, Meredith and Ashley


Two of my disciplers :) Becca (Summer) and Tara (Sr yr)


Myself, Ashley and Becca


My and Laura's girls picture with a special appearance by Jon haha


SummerLINK Roommies!!! I miss sharing a room with this sweet sister!


31-7 Go Tigers!! :)


One of my favorites haha Heath is making a joker face and Emily is trying to give him
distance bunny ears. (I was distracting Jason and Nick from watching the game haha )


Two of our Generation Link staff guys: David (youth) and Jon (college)

Our University President, James Barker, carrying the Clemson flag!
He ran it down the stands right to the student section!!


Saturday evening, we all had dinner at Just More Barbecue. Its definitely a Clemson experience. I never went as a student (I know....bad tiger! :( ) so it was also a new one for me. Here's Brandy's pictures and thoughts on the evening :)
On Sunday, we had a luncheon after church to invite college students to hear about SummerLINK (summer missions opportunities) and GenerationLINK (year-long opportunities). There was a great turnout! We're so excited to watch God bring together next year's team of student staff to serve with Crosspoint Bluffton and Crosspoint Clemson.
I got the opportunity to stay a couple of extra days in Clemson to meet with my discipler, Amy and attend my old CP group. It's always a treat to get more time with my church family. I leave the time so refreshed. The visit went by quickly but it was wonderful to see so many wonderful friends.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. God Bless!

1 comment:

Bran said...

fun post. And, I met Julie in CP group Sunday morning. she told me you also might live with her when you move to Clemson.