Fall Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Battle

Just over a year into my current job, a few months into a new church and home, I've been asking God more earnestly to reveal more of His mission for me. This has been a prayer off and on for years but now that some changes are settling out, I've developed a stronger desire to understand where God wants me to focus. I've asked him to reveal not just interest but a passion.
The course of developing this desire has included growing pains. It's been a sweet yet trying time with all God's revealed. He's allowed me to be reminded of my daily need for His grace while also showing me that trials are so often shared. Vulnerability with sisters in Christ brings healing as we break down what the enemy uses to divide. I shared with my small group something that as cheesy as it sounds really seems to sum up this concept: a scene from Harry Potter. Harry is talking to Luna and she tells him she's not surprised the enemy has tried to isolate Harry. When he's alone he's not as much of a threat. It's this line that has stuck with me since I first heard it. Our enemy does the same thing. He breaks us down and tries to convince us we're the oddball- the only one struggling with something. There's a sweet freeing power in realizing how God has intended for the body to work together and support each other.
For me, reaching a place of understanding in the enemy's weapons of choice for me has helped me recognize the attacks and prepare for them. It's also shown me what my defender has been doing. He's training me to withstand these attacks and point others toward Him. As difficult as some battles have been, the victory in Christ is unmatched. There's nothing like knowing He's fighting for me and He's also teaching me to be strong in the battle.
Vision for my future begins to come together as I see how He's answering my prayer for a passion through allowing me to see battle and be equipped to teach my Christian siblings to do the same. Time to suite up. The General is building an army.

No comments: