Fall Background

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quick Catch-Up

Hard to believe over a month has passed since I've posted anything. I did think about it. I even still have some great notes from Cru over the summer... To be honest, it's just been a BUSY few weeks!
So, catching up.....first of all, THANK YOU! to those who have prayed for and loved on my family in the passing of my grandfather. We were overwhelmed with the calls, cards, thoughts and generous gifts sent. The family is doing well. Glory to God, Papa is home with Him!!!
What's kept me so busy is a rapid series of changes: the weekend after I returned from my grandfather's funeral, I moved into another house with a couple of sweet girls (much closer to work!!) It's difficult at times not being closer to the church and therefore to friends but overall, its been a great transition! I am continuing to adjust to the new position which has (Praise the Lord!) mostly been smooth.
These are two of the wonderful ladies I work with. My cube-mate is on the far right.


Such a sweet blessing! I am daily learning from her about maintaining a Christ-like attitude in the workplace. I have such a tendency to carry things so much longer than I should. She is an example and reminder to "reset" (as she puts it!) and not carry the little annoyances and aggravations that should barely be momentary especially in light of our purpose here.
We also have a sweet brother nearby who has us laughing most of the day. Overall, I am incredibly blessed to be surrounded by the team that I have. God continues to reassure me that He has a purpose and a plan.

No comments: