Fall Background

Friday, June 25, 2010

God's timing....

Although I've experienced it so many times, God's perfect timing never ceases to amaze me. Displaying His unfailing love, He provides for needs of my heart that I'm not always aware of . This particular blessing comes in the form of fellowship with two new coworkers.
Two of the new summer employees, Amy and Erin, are in town for a 10-week Campus Crusade Summer Project. When I heard that they were on project, we started comparing notes....
The similarities have been fun to find and chat about: both are 10 weeks with the staff departing half way through, their project is a first for CCC: first time being held in Charleston! SummerLINK was the first project Crosspoint Church had ever held. Although the summer project I attended was not organized through Crusade, it was modeled after Crusade projects as our Staff Director is a former CCC staffer. We've had fun chatting about Women's Night, offering suggestions for reflection night and generally sharing our experiences.
It's hard to believe its been two years since I was on project. God used that summer and continues to use the people He put in my life in some amazing ways. I now get the blessing of watching two sweet sisters run hard after the Lord as they serve this city on their own project! Their passion for Jesus and their mission here is so uplifting!
The Charleston group is currently preparing for their staff to leave next week. One of the girls has expressed that they're a bit nervous but excited to find out what God has planned for just the students. I told her the night the staff left was one of the sweetest for me on project. The vast majority (I think we were only missing 3 or 4) of the students gathered in one of the condos and watched a movie together. So simple.... and yet such a sweet memory!
SummerLINK ('08 and those currently in progress) has been on my heart recently. God is using this program in hearts and lives throughout the state and now the world! Just two years later, there are FOUR SummerLINKS: the "flagship" of sorts has moved from Hilton Head to Myrtle Beach for its third summer, SummerLINK Clemson is in its second summer, and this year brings the addition of SummerLINK Greenville (serving with Renewal, the church plant of Crosspoint's former Youth Pastor) and the first international 'LINK to India!! Praise God His ways are so grace-laden! He chooses to use us allowing us to take part in His beautiful master plan. What a privilege!

No comments: