Fall Background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quilt update!

It seems I'm overdue for an update...
I actually have been working on the quilt! Since the last update, I finishing sewing the front panel together, bought the batting (about $15) and decided to fold the back material around to the front instead of using a separate material for edging (thought I did buy a deep purple fabric for this purpose). I've been working on how to get the three layers sewn together and the get the quilt finished! Here are some pictures of my progress.


Rows sewn

Top layer finished!

Three layers together with the batting layer cut to fit the top layer

Getting close! I'm currently hand-sewing the the brown back layer to the edges of the front. I'll fill with the batting and pin like crazy to finish by sewing along the lines to create the quilted effect.

No comments: