Fall Background

Friday, May 7, 2010

Homecoming

The weekend of April 25, I had the privilege to join Crosspoint Church in Clemson for their Student Appreciation Service and Lake Fellowship baptism service. Student Appreciation commissions the graduating seniors as well as those participating in summer missions all over the world. It was a blessing to see so many friends sent out by the church body. Commissioning services are always needed reminders of the Great Commission not just for those being sent for a specific purpose but for the entire body to live every day on mission. Crosspoint's College Pastor, Jeremy Chasteen, gave a great message on discipleship referencing Matthew 28:16-17. The message focused on the need and command to make disciples as part of the Great Commission. Among other convicting reminders, he spoke of the call to make disciples as a call to do so intentionally. Making disciples involves going- actively determining and serving your Jerusalem (local), Judea and Samaria (state, country), and ultimately, the ends of the earth. The Great Commission is given to every believer. The only real question is: am I faithfully carrying out my Commission?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Crosspoint family. The main reason for my visit, however, was to see a good friend of mine, Becky, baptized at the Lake Fellowship. Held at Y-Beach on Lake Hartwell, this is the same service in which I was baptized almost three years ago! It was wonderful to be there for such a big occasion in her life. I spoke with a friend, Ashley, one of Crosspoint's staff, during the fellowship. She said one of her favorite parts of Lake Fellowships is that it feels like homecoming for church members who have graduated or otherwise moved away. It definitely was so for me! One of Becky's friends since childhood Madison, whom I became friends with as we all attended Crosspoint in college, was able to make the trip and we surprised Becky with Emma and her husband, Stephen. It was a sweet reunion with college friends.

My baptism in August of 2007 (it was raining so I got "sprinkled and dunked" haha)



Becky's Baptism April 2010


Madison, Becky, Tracey, Emma, Emma's niece, Reese and our cameraman accidentally lost half of Susan!

1 comment:

Becky and Grey said...

Thank you again so much for coming friend! It meant the world to me! :)